BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

I am afraid that this poster is incorrect in his/her assertions....

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    I am afraid that this poster is incorrect in his/her assertions.

First: "Since the full legal background for this challenge is not known (the company never even admitted it existed), the full impact cannot be known."

Simply not true! The company made it quite clear in the 2013 annual report that the Graham and Waterhouse patents had objections filed against them.

Second: "This event happened during American business hours, and was known to Benitec management on hand in the Netherlands, but no American announcement was made. It seems that Peter French was quite content to let American investors dangle on this one. No empathy, no concern."

The company trades on the ASX and ALWAYS makes announcements on that exchange first. As far as I am aware, OTC:Pinksheet companies are not required to make announcements through the OTC board. So PF had to release this information to the ASX first.

Third: TT-034 delays (won't quote because the section is too long).

This is pure speculation passed of as fact. However, this nonsense fails to take into consideration the fact that there is a limited volume of product that has been produced for each cohort. As the volume injected is based on body size, having obese people in the trial means that the limited supply could run out. Furthermore, having agreed to the exclusion criteria, Benitec would have to petition the FDA for a change in the protocol if they wanted to make a change. Benitec cannot do this at the stoke of a pen.

I don't mind people criticising the company (I do myslef, much to the ire of some posters here on HC) but I do wish these people would do some proper research first, then perhaps this sort of rubbish would not proliferate on the Internet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.