BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

beppa holders will acquire two interests

1. 2,793 Posts.

I posted this under a different thread name but thought it should be teased out directly so any errors can be identified

my idea is this: once Beppas are converted, a former Beppa holder comes into TWO interests - their ownership of their new BBI (PIG) shares, and their ownership of a right to enjoy any surplus coming from the sale of AETD assets

this interest in any surplus will NOT be dependent upon one's continued ownership of their converted shares, therefore it should to be seen as a wholly separate and therefore transferable economic interest in its own right - and transferable for value...

a register of former Beppa holders will need to be maintained separate from other 'normal' BBI holders, so they can be identified later for dispersing any surplus that is realised

the trick will be seeing how former Beppa holders (as I will become) can get their name on that separate register changed for someone else's

that is, a process for being able to sell your ownership interest in any possible surplus - as I can't see any legal reason preventing me from being able to sell this interest in any possible surplus funds, even though my present interest in any possible surplus is speculative at this moment in time - it is simply a real interest that can't be quantified presently, but which could upon crystalisation become quite valuable

and to be sure, 3 years is a long time and plenty of time to claw back plenty of value for these AETD assets, so this separate and transferable interest in any surplus needs to find a market where it can be sold - how one is to be able to sell and transfer their interest (I assume wholly for simplicity) needs to be clarified

so if I am correct about the above, there still remains much needed further details concerning Beppa rights that need to be reduced to very certain terms, for those of us who still hold Beppa

good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.