BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

i have followed two of the stocks you have mentioned and your...

1. 37 Posts.
    i have followed two of the stocks you have mentioned and your percentages may be correct and they may also be a long way from what actually happens. it is as well that people do their own research.

mxupa- at their current price yield approx. 14%. the parent brookfield multiplex are not obliged to redeem them in april 2010 but must step up the interest rate by 2% pa.
    these are perpetual and need never be redeemed.the current interest rate is 90 day bank bill rate plus 1.9%. this would then change to plus 3.9%.suncorps new prefs are bank bill rate plus 3.2% so not much difference. one might think that they would rather buy back on market at prices lower then par, if allowed, rather then wait for april 2010 to buy back. it obviously didn't suit them to buy out mxupa when they took over multiplex.

timpb- your %'s are ok provided everything goes well with tim. if the price of tim is under 50 cents per share by sept 2009 then the % return drops.if for example you paid 1.32 per share for timpb then if the price of tim was 33cents you would be at breakeven not counting the dividends you would have received. at 20 cents you lose 52 cents on each timpb you have purchased.

do your own research particularly of my maths.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.