berg video was doctored

1. 3,191 Posts.
    Audio Discrepancies Suggest Berg Video Doctored

Khalid Jan | May 15 2004

I’d like to take this time to extend my deepest sympathies to Mr. and Mrs. Berg on their son Nicholas Berg’s brutal murder by the cruel and cold blooded ‘Forces of Evil.’

The video of Nicholas Berg that is circulating on the Internet is 100% doctored. One of the problems I found is as follows:

The beginning of the footage where Nicholas introduces himself, the sound was recorded using camcorders built-in microphone. One can tell it simply by paying attention to the background noise. When the scene changes where Nicholas is sitting on the floor, and other men standing behind him, it is evident that the camcorder was at least 10-12 feet away from the subjects.

The audio quality of the video is very clear. No wires can be seen in the video indicating that an external or a wireless microphone was used for audio either. From a distance of 10 feet, audio reception would not be that clear if the built-in microphone of the camcorder was used. This would produce echo and some background noise.

Definitely, audio track was added later on with the help of a simple non-linear video editing software. For doing this type of work, help of a semi-professional video editor is absolutely necessary.

Visit the Berg Archive at http://www.prisonplanet.tv/articles/may2004/051104beheadsuscivilian.htm

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.