GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Bernanke Gets Top Marks as Investors Say Economy Is Past Worst...

1. 24,765 Posts.
    Bernanke Gets Top Marks as Investors Say Economy Is Past Worst

By Rich Miller

July 22 (Bloomberg) -- Global investors give Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke top marks for combating the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression and overwhelmingly favor his reappointment amid optimism that the world economy is on the mend.

Sixty-one percent of investors surveyed in the first Quarterly Bloomberg Global Poll say the world economy is stable or improving and almost 75 percent take a favorable view of the 55-year-old chairman. By almost a three-to-one margin, they say Bernanke has earned another four-year term when his current one expires in January.

“He’s the best, maybe around the world,” said Wallace Lin, an investment manager with Euro Asset Management in Hong Kong, who participated in the poll..."

Full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=ayUz0vNR2XGc&refer=economies

My comment:
    Well that teaches me a lesson. What a fool I am not to see that Bernanke is the best person in the world at solving the financial crisis by prescribing a much more toxic dose of the same medicine that helped cause it - extremely low interest rates and inflating the money supply.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.