GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"bernanke gets top marks" , page-8

1. 2,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    >>For what it is worth, from a gold perspective, I am increasingly believing that, in the interim period, that the POG will be controlled quite easily (afterall compared with 24 trillion only a few billion is required to manipulate the gold price)

I know where you are coming from with this statement, but my thoughts are that even if the paper price of gold is able to be controlled the physical market may decouple from the paper price. I think we will see continued increase in physical positions from countries like China, Russia, etc as well as more sophisticated investors moving to physical as well. Surely at some point this will cause a collapse of at least one of the major paper gold ETFs/markets.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601213&sid=arz6MqVbTVBs
    July 14 (Bloomberg) -- Greenlight Capital Inc., the $5 billion hedge-fund firm run by David Einhorn, told investors it switched all of its holdings in a gold exchange-traded fund into bullion during the second quarter.

In my opinion I think we will see an increase in stories like this as time goes on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.