XJO 0.17% 7,731.0 s&p/asx 200

bernanke gives market a head job ..., page-50

1. 948 Posts.
    Hi Lalit,

Its all going pretty well thanks. I mentioned earlier that hindsight has told me that I would have been best served to have stuck to my original point of view. But on the whole, during the period where I was freaking out a bit, as evidenced by my posts at the time, I found that my instincts on the markets behaviour were generally right but my timing was out. The main problems arose with me trying to be too precise day by day during that freak out period. I went back to farsight's suggestion of keeping looser stops, making sure that I did not move my stops up too quickly, and stepping away so I did not mull over things to much.

I am also ignoring some of the calls made as to where the index is going next (short term) as it causes me to second guess myself. I do better when I make up my mind for myself.

All in all, I rate this period as very positive for the development of my trading. Missed a lot of opportunities but I learnt from those mistakes. So I cannot complain about that.

Now I am learning lots of new things about the relationship between the equity markets, currencies and credit related factors, stuff I have never looked at before. Lots of good reading here to point me in the right direction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.