GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

bernankes truth, as terrible as it is., page-33

1. 5,504 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 576
    Good point, Infose. I would not want to cherry pick. So, let us, discard that trivial event called the GFC and 'great recession'. Let us just concentrate on the great global/USA recovery SINCE mid 2009 - the last four years.

One point from my list: Median household income in the United States has fallen for four years in a row.

(now I plucked this above from the list on Harvey Organ - so I sure hope it is the most RECENT four years)

Now, I was listening to Max Keiser report today (he is funny). In the UK inflation is running at 3.3% (LAST 12 months) whilst wages have grown a 0.9%. So it would seem household income in the UK, at least, is falling in real terms.

I find it a little odd that when I pluck stats comparing 2000 to current, that you are not interested. That is your choice. Without cherry picking stats to each prove a point, let us agree to disagree.

I really do think the western, debt based economies are not the model to follow. I think they are dying. I think the govt and banksters are trying to con the average citizen that all is ok, with an array of stats.

But I could be wrong. What I read obviously is slanted to my beliefs. I try to read both sides. I think the 'all is OK or will be soon OK' is not based on fact.

My current thinking is the govts and banksters have implemented the frog boiling solution. I think the western govt will keep people from anarchy and people will accept that they go backwards every year - little by little.

I think new people being born into society will work out that debt is bad by looking at the debt jail their parents are in. But it will take 20 or 30 years of the current debt laden families to flush through the system. And with the new youngsters not over spending and not going into debt, we will have QE for 20 or 30 years - and incredibly low growth (and growth mainly from QE)

And in 30 years most persons between age 60 and 90 will be on the poverty line. There will have been 'no offical inflation', yet all their cost of living will increase. Their investments will struggle. Their money in banks is not safe. They will simply try to survive.

In about 30 years, the new undebted and frugal middle age people will have worked out how to live and they will be well off through old style SAVE first, buy later. And the reset will have happened (slowly).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.