MYR 0.56% 88.5¢ myer holdings limited

BERNIE NEEDS TO GO, page-3

1. 6,308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1276
    Whether or not management changes can turn this ship around, Myers does seem to be getting hit with a number of negatives at the moment. The exchange rate is a factor making it more expensive to import their goods , but then again don't most retailers have the same issue, so sooner or later these extra costs have to be passed onto the customer by all retailers. Of course a falling $ makes overseas shareholders more twitchy and therefore more likely to bale out ( and also any Aussie stock) until it stabilizes. And being pushed out of the ASX200 index just recently means some funds are forced to sell whether they want to or not. Plus of course we have the significant short position in MYR.
    Sooner or later the tide will turn, whether its on improved sales ( now that the new or refurbished stores are contributing) or, in my view more likely, there is corporate activity. The low A$ and the low share price must be making this stock extremely attractive for takeover by overseas big retailers that want to expand here. If and when that happens the shorters will rush the stock to buy back in
    I bought more today at 1.46. Even if the dividend is 5 cents per half year, that's 10 cents per annum and around 13.5 cents if you get the franking dividend. That's over a 9% yield.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.56%)
Mkt cap ! $741.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
88.5¢ 89.5¢ 84.5¢ $996.9K 1.127M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13760 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.0¢ 10637 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.