best buying opportunity in 2+ years coming?, page-20

1. 11,118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 627
    Thanks Voltaire

I will keep that date in mind. Perhaps the commodity index will turn up ahead of the markets like it did in late 2008 (I think it was).

It looks like China is slowing and we will have to wait for their next $USD600 billion stimulus needed to keep their people satisfied, in addition to what Europe and USA do to stimulate things.

Perhaps it will be a series of rolling highs and lows as the major economies work off the past excesses over the next 10 years. It will kill long only investors like me who are not up with TA.

Gold will probably go in and out of favour depending on the extent and type of stimulus, whether real interest rates are negative, and if anyone has enough fiat money left to use towards "storing" wealth in a piece of metal.

I suppose we will not have the same level of unemployment as in the "Great" Depression but the duration over which this is being played out could be similar.

I wonder if our politicians will learn anything from it and enact measures to control excess credit creation and contain government commitments? Probably not.

loki (goldbug)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.