GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"it is arguable that gold prices should have surged in recent...

1. 6,757 Posts.
    "it is arguable that gold prices should have surged in recent months and should be at much higher levels today"

It is arguable that the value of everything in my portfolio should have surged and should be at much higher levels. Who do I complain to please?

"The last thing insolvent banks and governments want is a surging gold price."

Why should banks or governments care one way or another about the gold price? With the possible exception of India, gold is a trivial part of most economies, and not essential to anyone other than jewelers and bullion dealers. There are obvious reasons for governments to be concerned about the price of oil or food commodities, but you just don't hear of conspiracies to manipulate these markets.

I posted this one the other day, but perhaps some didn't catch it:

http://marketoracle.co.uk/Article35509.html

"Give me a break with the conspiracy theories, if you are going to trade the markets, at least stand up and admit you were wrong, looking to blame others is a poor excuse for being wrong. The great thing about price and patterns is I don't need to go looking for excuses, as I know where I am wrong on an idea before I even take the trade.

I don't need to know what JPM is going or anyone else; all I am interested in is what price is doing.

I am not concerned that the world is going into hyper-inflation in 1 year or 10 yrs, I trade here and now, I can assure you I am not going to wait for the end of the world as some are.

Many newsletter writers and commentators need to look at themselves in the mirror, as If that is all that they have to sell you, ask yourselves is it really worth the $$$ you are paying?"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.