KC,I went down that path many years ago. Found a few things...

1. 1,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    KC,

I went down that path many years ago. Found a few things years ago and gave them a try. They were all american from memory. None of them were totally satisfactory for what I wanted. Then along came franking credits and none of the packages I was looking at or using handled that.

As i have done a fair amount of database work I sat and put together my own access db to do what I needed. While it's not perfect and hasn't been updated in some years, it does the main job I need. It now handles all transactions, handles multiple portfolios, generate reports on dividends for tax return and internal rate of return over 1,2,5 years.

So if you can handle a database yourself, you might be better off writing down what you want and then putting something together your self.

You may also find that your interests change and you collect more data. For example I know have an automated system that downloads the ASX every day into a local db as well as other information which I use to highlight shares worth having more of a look at. This latter work is a scripted linux machine running a heavy duty db (MySQL) as the primary data repository. My first try was in access, but that chokes on a couple of weeks of data. Access is then just used as a pretty report and front end.

I also use the charting software from spacejock. (spacejock.com) I used the free package for many years and have recently bought the upgrade version. Having the ASX in a db means I can easily transfer the data for any or all shares. When the time permits I may even change the primary db to write the FChart files directly when I have enough spare time (and the management committee agree to the time allocation)!

DKit

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.