GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

best gold stock for 2014

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 637
    Many of us who invest in gold and silver also invest in gold company shares, both producers and explorers. A number of HC members have posted on a previous thread the ASX code of their pick for the best performing stock for 2014.

Although we all do our own research on the stocks in which we invest, I thought it might be helpful if those who are interested gave a brief outline of the fundamentals of the stock which they think will perform well in 2014.

For anyone who thinks that the gold market is going to show substantial gains in 2014, now is possibly one of the best times to be looking at suitable gold stocks in which to invest, and if we each give a brief outline of a selected stock, it might help others in narrowing their research, and highlight a few stocks which we might otherwise overlook.

My pick for 2014 is Evolution Mining (EVN), which was created in 2011 from the merger of Catalpa Resources and Conquest Mining, and the acquisition of Newcrest Mining's Cracow and Mt Rawdon gold mines.

EVN has five producing mines and mill facilities, four in Queensland (Cracow, Mt Rawdon, Pajingo and Mt Carlton), and one in WA (Edna May). Mt. Carlton only came into full production mid-2013, and has some high silver grades, as well as substantial gold.

Forecast total production for 2014 is 400,000 - 450,000 gold equivalent ounces at a cash cost of $770 - $820, and all in sustaining costs of $1,000 - $1,045.

The company pays a dividend drawn from a pool equal to 2% of the company's annual gold revenue. I think they now have about 738 million shares on issue, so the MC is about $443M.

If other gold investors are willing to post a brief outline of their number one pick for 2014, it would certainly be appreciated by me, and probably by quite a number of other HC members.

Cheers,
    Mike

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.