best home loan products, page-12

1. 2,476 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    just like everything else, need to willing to change bank every 2 - 3 years.

Over 1 mil lending with cba, about 12 months ago, paying over 5 % for VR loan and a small fixed rate loan (a bet each way) no offset, annual package fee waived, but at each roll over of the fixed rate, $150 in fee. had the loan with them for about 10 years, every single bits of banking from insurance, super and financial planning with them and they told me cant get a better rate because the loan was "old". Can you write a new loan then, will take 50k increase for investment (I knew without increase, they would not look at the loan as there is nothing to show for the work), 3 months later, they are still playing with them-self, every email they will say some paper work is missing in the end just got to tired.

Gave the same information package to st George + 6 months statement because I banked with CBA at the beginning of June, by 28th of June, the loan was funded and loan account with cba was closed. Sign the discharge authority same day I hand over the financial statement to St G, and CBA had the audacity to tell me they are not ready to discharge. Interest rare: 4.29% VR and the new fixed rate was 0.49% below cba if I had roll over the loan at end of June.

the amount of saving is worth while. Now I get call from CBA telling me they will match what I am currently on.

The best part, I told them that if they had offer a token reduction of rate 6 months ago, I would have stay with them. They also lost insurance (cheaper else where) Personal Insurance, CC and other stuff.

Did cost about 1500 in fees as both banks charged settlement fee which was 500, govt fees and package fees.

the best way of approached is get the new bank to make an offer in writing and then take it own bank for a quick reduction.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.