NST 1.86% $13.71 northern star resources ltd

Best looking weekly chart, page-1374

1. 11,159 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4595
    Cheers, NST is honestly an easy stock to post about for me personally. We have a great management team who continually deliver for the shareholders best interests. They have done their best to enhance the business and turnaround the economics during this high inflation environment. Obviously record gold prices help the cause and make it easier to manage. But they have had to deal with significant issues, like weather events, rising costs, heavy shorting of the stock etc. They have done well to remedy the situations Imo. Operationally, they have focused on trimming costs and not letting ASIC get too carried away, then their decision of the share buy back at $7/$8 levels was absolutely massive and set the ground for the recent turn around and reversal. Shorters dried up, confidence returned and the share price was let off the leash. It’s why I have a lot of my super in this stock. One of the safest stocks currently on the ASX in the current economic environment Imo.

Not much negative to speak about it in here, compared to plenty of other stocks I hold where I am constantly expressing my concerns and emailing management etc. Sometimes there can be amazing assets, huge economic potential but the stock is held back due to poor decisions by management or slow progress, high admin costs, lack of planning etc. With NST, the only ´negative’ thing I can think of is that now that we are making great money, they should go hard on the acquisition front to ensure long term supply and to increase production across the business. Although I think the recent $600M usd notes decision may have been for this reason so we will wait and see. A great time to be accumulating mid cap stocks on the verge of production Imo. NST can basically take their pick of the best mines with low ASIC to buy up. Liquidity is yet to transition down to that mid cap level because of wider market fear and constant selling of riskier non producing stocks. Therefore plenty of bargains out there!

Last edited by coto: 18/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.71
Change
0.250(1.86%)
Mkt cap ! $15.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.76 $13.82 $13.57 $108.5M 7.907M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 110631 $13.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.71 48528 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.