NST 0.38% $15.90 northern star resources ltd

We may not like it but that is how the world works. That's just...

1. 6,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2966
    We may not like it but that is how the world works. That's just part of the USA's exorbitant privilege (privilège exorbitant in French, according to Charles de Gaulle) refers to the benefits the United States has due to its own currency (the US dollar) being the international reserve currency.

Since 1450 there have been six major world reserve currency periods. Portugal (1450–1530), Spain (1530–1640), Netherlands (1640–1720), France (1720–1815), Great Britain (1815–1920), and the United States from 1921 to today. If you notice the average currency span is 94 years.

Also to remain the world reserve currency the nation also has to have the mightiest defense force. We can trace this hegemony all the way back to the Peloponnesian War (Athens vs Sparta 404 BC). Sparta being the victor gained economic and monetary advantages thereafter.

Not sure what the next world order is going to look like. Either way I'm not holding my breath for the next one. There is wealth to be made on the current one we have now.
    Last edited by Exised: 17/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.