NST 2.34% $14.90 northern star resources ltd

If I was Japanese, I would be throwing every spare Yen into...

1. 548 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 173
    If I was Japanese, I would be throwing every spare Yen into gold, as their currency is coming under huge strain, due to the interest rate differentials with the US.

The rest of Asia, too, is getting into the gold fever.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics/article/3268637/gold-buying-frenzy-grips-vietnam-and-thailand-economic-fears-mount

Also the US pundits claim that food shopping is only up by 20% over the last three years..

The trouble is that this fits with no one’s experiences. People on social media are posting receipts showing grocery prices up by anywhere between two and 10times that rate.

In one viral video that offered receipts, aman bought 45 items (he says a full month of groceries) two years ago for $145. WalMart’s software allows him to reorder that now. He tried it just as a test. The new price: $414.

That’s an increase in two years of 185 percent!If we stretch that to three years assuming no inflation in the first,that’s an annualized increase of 61 percent. Over two years, it’s92.5 percent.

Adding in some inflation in the first year, we can round it to 100 percent annualized, which is hyperinflation by any measure.

Commentators offered corrections that this is just one person’s experience. Maybe there was one item in there that went up vastly in price, changing the entire basket. All that is true. However, I tried looking at a few items that I bought in 2021and found price increases of 54 percent. That’s just one item but a very normal one: lemon juice.

When all the anecdotal evidence points one way and all the official data points another way, we’ve got a problem. The distance between real experience and the official data is gigantic.And it raises the eternal problem first articulated by Chico Marx:“Who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes?”

The closest indicator that we have for real inflation is at shadowstats.com They plug in today's data to the model that was used in the 1980's. There you will easily see that consumer inflation is sitting now about 13%. Not 3.8%. It's obvious that the feds are trying to hide this tax on the American people.

And in the Middle-East, the military lines, around Israel, are stretching to breaking point.

Arab nations remove Hezbollah as terrorist organisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx7MkAAbSyA&t=79s

In a significant move, the 22-member Arab League announced that Hezbollah will no longer be considered a terrorist organization.Egyptian Al-Qahera News Channel reported that Arab League's Assistant Secretary-General Hossam Zaki made the announcement on June 29.

Last edited by elixer8: 02/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.90
Change
0.340(2.34%)
Mkt cap ! $17.12B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.60 $14.90 $14.59 $56.66M 3.823M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 3712 $14.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.90 18526 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.