NST 1.71% $14.26 northern star resources ltd

Best looking weekly chart, page-767

1. 856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    I happen to be a great fan of rat poison. It means I can eat my cherry tomatoes, and I'm happy to dig a few extra holes through the year for the little would-be thieves (prefer they don't die under my decking).

Howard Coleman (Teaminvest) on ****** last night, outlined his reasons for almost always walking past mining stocks - basically it boils down to the fact that miners, having gone to the trouble of digging up and processing or part-processing some dirt and rocks, then find themselves trying to sell a product whose price is determined by someone else.

That seems a reasonable argument, but the idea doesn't carry through all of the time viz:
    • in some cases, there is always a market which for years is not fully controlled by one or few entities (e.g. iron ore);
    • gold is an exception, because the nominated market price is more political or macro than commodity-based;
    • sometimes you just have to take a punt.

BTW maybe people who are riding the prices every day should look away from gold and some other mining stocks. Meantime, let's look forward to some medium / long term fun!

(IMHO & DYOR)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.26
Change
0.240(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $16.43B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.03 $14.38 $13.99 $17.76M 1.250M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 3235 $14.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.26 805 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.32pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.