best online shopping sites

1. 3,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    apart from ebay, there are plenty of good online shopping sites around. The main feature I look for is payment by paypal which adds significant security to the transaction. Locally , I have used crazysales for things such as cooking-ware, tools, as it's very competitive with cheap postage costs. Then you have dealextreme - direct shopping from China, all with free postage included into the price. My work mates have bought phones from there due to the '2 sim card feature' where the unit effectively becomes 2 phones in one - one number for work and one number for private.

Just don't be tempted to buy the BB guns, or the mobile phone jammer - both are highly illegal here. The jammer blocks mobile phone reception to those around you. Don't like people screaming on the phone telling everyone how their weekend was whilst travelling on the train? Then turn on your little friend and "hello, hello, you there?" - then silence. Or those annoying teenagers in the movies that would rather sit out their session texting to some stranger than watching what they paid for - turn on the device and they'll eventually put that phone down.

So, leading into Christmas, it's time to think about getting those gifts. Online provides a pleasant and cost effective alternative to retail shopping, so what sites have you guys have had good experiences with to date?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.