best performing dividend stocks, page-2

1. 1,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Well, there are certainly a lot of sources out there. Personally I think you have a choice. Option A - do your own legwork. Option B - Pay a subscription to someone. Option C - Use a managed fund. Option D - Use a broker.

Personally, I would opt for C. I do not have the time to do the amount of ongoing research required to make such a call with the level of confidence I would want. I don't really trust sell side research like Motley Fool, Morningstar, Clime etc etc. And I certainly do not trust brokers who don't seem to really care what you do as long as yo do something! I.e. trade.

Using a managed fund that focuses on dividend delivery typically offers the advantages of being hands off and having better diversification that can be easily achieved by stock picking directly. But it does have its downside. Managed funds will often be more volatile than the stocks directly due to people's money flowing in and out of the fund. Plus you lose tax control. But there are some OK options out there in both ETFs and unlisted funds.

Basically, if you want control, you have to do the research yourself IMO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.