It is,...

1. 2,223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    It is,

http://www.swellnet.com/features/seven-degrees-preparation-ray-collins

"This photo was taken down in the Great Australian Bight, and it's just as nightfall is approaching. Once again, I'd set off on the trip to shoot something that I personally had never seen before.
    I had a few things in mind, and this was pretty high on my priority list. I'd been mapping where the sun would be at certain times of the day, what angle it will be, and I tried to wait for the right time to position ourselves, to get this kind of shot. I felt like I spent two or three weeks trying to get exactly the spot, the dot on the coastline, where certain things would be, where the tide was gonna be, and it all came together for for one 1000th of a second.
    I did everything I could to improve my chances of getting the shot that I had in my mind. And to be honest, this exceeded what I had in my mind, so I was really fortunate.
    It's a recent shot and the response has been good. I don't know if they get it...I don't know if I get it - it's ghostly and it's white.
    I've used it on the cover of my latest book and that was a gamble, because it's not a wholly pleasing image - it's dark, there's no blue sky, swaying palms, or whatever. But it's where I'm at right now and because of that alone I had to put it on the cover."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.