BEC 0.00% 33.0¢ becton property group

Yep Dr Zaius, the PTN problems don't just stop there.Right now...

1. 4,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 357
    Yep Dr Zaius, the PTN problems don't just stop there.

Right now PTN have got serious covenant problems and the bank are squeezing them for extra interest...to the tune of $4m a year..so far...and I'm sure they'll look at extracting even more.

Of course, BEC are working through their finance issues but there is a good feeling that the bankers are well and truly onside and so they should be because BEC and PTN make for a great contrast.

In addition to BEC running rings around PTN when it comes to unit sales in FY09, just consider the significance of the Oman deal.

I've never met Matthew Chun...but I'd like to shake his hand one day because this was a master stroke and gave the company a brilliant life raft.

In contrast, the directors of PTN are still in their boardroom taking "tea and bikkies" and talking about what they might do. I say "talking" because they've been way too late in actually doing something and now the bankers are forcing them to throw just about all their assets overboard.

It took them from about October last year to February or March to work out what they "might" do...and then they've been damn slow to implement...paralysis by analysis.

In these tougher times nothing beats having a hunter out there who is pro-active in making things happen...and that's precisely why Becton is down the street, around the corner and on the next block compared to PTN.

Yet another tick for Becton.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.