SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

GoGlenroy, "I tend to think that there will be a silver squeeze...

1. 10,404 Posts.
    GoGlenroy, "I tend to think that there will be a silver squeeze eventually."

yes and quite possibly this year. But the drivers are perception and demand.

If the junior investor sees safety in silver they will buy. And that will create undue demand. I am still not totally convinced of the silver shortages.

Quite frankly there is just so much hype about silver now that silver's in the spot light. Miss information can gather anywhere, however that still won't affect this years bullish run at PM.

I have looked at the charts for AYN this afternoon and there are a few things that don't tick their boxes. But if silver breaks $40 tomorrow it might just be bedlam for silver stocks.

This could be the start of one of those starlit runs you dream about. Do I need more exposure?

The Chinese gold reserves are only 1.5% of a reserve total $3 trillion (that's 1,000 tonnes)and there's every possibility that they are buying bullion on forward contracts which wouldn't affect the gold price.

The Chinese themselves are in a different situation. Bank interest deposit rate is 3.5% and gold offers a much more attractive and less risky investment than their shaky property market. They are allowed to buy gold and have no affinity toward silver.

They themselves just might drive up gold and therefore silver in it's wake.

Plenty of other things that can increase silver as an investment. This is getting all to interesting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SILVER (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.