BHP 0.58% $41.02 bhp group limited

“Commodity bubble about to burst”You hear the extremes of...

1. 1,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    “Commodity bubble about to burst”

You hear the extremes of statements such as these vs anecdotes of supercycles and as usual the truth lies somewhere in between.
    I mean no offence when I say I don’t have the intelligence to analyse charts and if I did I wouldn’t have the patience anyway. Useful however for two things. Is it going up ? Is it going down?

The way I look at it, if BHP does fall big time, what you will do with all your cash on the sidelines will be a moot point. Most people will be hocking their bodies on street corners. You’ll be trading in potatoes and buggy whips.

A long time a go a wisened old prof told me that all Australia was good at was digging holes and selling them. People think that because we invented the lawn mower and a device to hang our laundry on, hobo style, makes us geniuses. Add up how many patents and Nobel prizes come out of Australia.

No I’m afraid that on our bourse, its commodities (apart from financial trickery ala Mac Bank and Babcock and Drown) we sell dirt. Just face it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$41.02
Change
-0.240(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $208.0B
Open High Low Value Volume
$41.02 $41.28 $40.88 $296.1M 7.214M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1453 $41.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$41.03 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.