best way to go about it, page-6

1. 12,085 Posts.
    MF
    Not sure. I understand an unsecured loan as being non collateralised, meaning, nothing specific in value is secured by the lender against your loan, eg a Caveat on a house. With an unsecured loan you are basically giving your word to pay it back, hence, why they are smaller loans, like personal loans and attract higher interest. Obviously you seem to be wanting more than an amount to buy a few gees of household junk. And you wouldn't want a risky loan which hasn't scrutinised your ability to pay it back. That would attract a high interest rate which may indirectly make you invest riskier to meet the payments.
    Also, don't go and fill out, say, 7 applications in the hope one will say yes. Because if one said yes and 6 said no your credit may be affected in the future with those 'strikes' against you.
    As we have both stated, security seems to be the issue. A secure employment record and preferably a solid collateral are favoured. Even someone to guarantee the loan could be an avenue. Obviously that person would have to be fully aware of the implications of their surety.

This is general as your personal circumstances are unknown. I would advise an honest talk with a loan officer at a credible institution, not one of those waving dollars at you with 24hrs approval! You may be surprised. I mean you said you don't own a home, so what, many people don't. It shouldn't discriminate against you. Also, you may be able to service your investment loan without the risk of trying to pay a mortgage also.
    Talk to them ;)$

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.