COZ 1.33% 7.6¢ commodities group limited

The preference deal between greens and labor makes it seem to be...

1. 345 Posts.
    The preference deal between greens and labor makes it seem to be that a vote for greens = a vote for labor. Why would the greens sell themselves like that? Why could they possibly want to be associated with labor who only talk about the environment but they don't do anything. Rudd called it the greatest moral challenge of our time and I'm of the opinion that despite his stuff ups (blackflip on ETS) he was really passionate about the environment. After getting rid of Rudd why do the greens want to help labor?

My only guess is that the greens think they need lots of help to win seats so they've had to choose between labor and the coalition to make a preference deal. But sadly they've failed in pushing climate change agenda as the core of what they're all about because they didnt condition their preference deal on labor. What's happening now is labor are just blowing a bit of hot air on climate change with their citizen assembly rubbish. I think they got into bed with labor because of other reasons like falling for the "workchoices will be back" stuff. Why didnt they ask for some real action for labor in return for the preference deal?

Perhaps a green vote would be a vote for a 4th party, perhaps an independent but green party is a joke. The only people who'd vote for them now would be unfortunate individuals who've had the blinkers on for a while and are oblivious to the preference deals between greens and labor. It's clear that you cant just not vote to help the environment and similarly you cant just think that helping the environment is simply a vote for the greens.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.