Hey guys,let me preface this by saying I am a financial...

1. 514 Posts.
    Hey guys,
    let me preface this by saying I am a financial adviser.
    I am a bit perplexed about why it is so hard to find the type of adviser you want. My advice:

1. Get an adviser from the firm to ring you before you make an appointment. Quiz them on the way they charge. TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT. e.g. I am only after strategy advice, I will look after my own investments. I only want once off advice.

2. Get them to send you their FSG, it must by law detail what they can charge.

It is difficult for an adviser as well if clients come into an appointment a bit vague themselves.

Myself, like most advisers, love the strategy part of dealing with clients, this is where we get to show off our knowledge. We don't like dealing in specific products but due to the nature of the industry now and restricted APL's unfortunately this is part of what practice owners expect.
    I love nothing better than a client who wants strategic and compliance advice only because lets face it, what control do I have over the world markets, european economy etc????

Just be strong in what you want and as acorn said do your own research and if you can pick up tips or get clarification along the way, it is all for the good

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.