betrayed, page-53

1. 37,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Thanks Dayz71 ,

I'm sure there are good advisers out there . Just finding them is the problem .

You are right about customers going to them unprepared . That is something very common and I agree that it would be very hard to advise if you don't have all the information .

That said , in my brief experience , all I was after someone who could advise on the structure of my investments e.g. what should I roll into a fund , what should I keep out and the tax implications of those actions . I am keen to maintain flexibility because of the ongoing changes to super rules . Rather than trying to study the absolute detail of these things , I just need an expert to clarify them for me . I'm happy to make the decisions after that .

A lot of the people that I talk to that are about to retire are going to the bank they've been with or someone that they know for advice . I'm not confident that these groups have their best interests at heart .

That said , I believe you have to be responsible for your own circumstances . Even though it is not easy , it is far too important to get wrong .

I read somewhere recently that the big four banks control 80% of financial advice in Australia , directly or indirectly .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.