DEG 1.94% $1.32 de grey mining limited

@Jvdh1570 and all.The simple equations can give us an idea but...

1. 4,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6232
    @Jvdh1570 and all.
    The simple equations can give us an idea but they can also smear.
    Even using software like leapfrog can smear calcs and results if not interpreted correctly. ( An SG of 2.7 - 2.75 would not be argued here ).
    If the ore body is disseminated, like in this case, a simple formula may be closer than in other ore bodies.
    There is however some variation in grade throughout and there will be gaps.
    Geo's will use a multiplying factor, ( a discounting multiple % ) to get a close real number that considers any smearing effect.
    I have heard Andy say, what they have at Hemi is expected to larger than what they originally had in their inventory before Hemi, also before Falcon and the High Grade intersections at Aquila and Brolga.
    That was 2.2m. I have also given the opinion of an old geo which was very early in the Hemi discovery.
    This is an excerpt from that geo's opinion.

I estimate that the Aquila Prospect has about 8 million tonnes of ore with 618,000 oz. Au currently defined.
    The Brolga Prospect has about 12 million tonnes of ore with about 880,000 oz. Au currently defined.
    More results are in the pipeline and if they are as good as previous, DEG appears to be on the cusp of a very large economic gold resource.

Keep in min that this was done in the beginning of March when it was only those 2 zones and much has happened since then.
    At that time it was calculated at 1,498,000 oz. That geo is elderly, spent a lifetime in this and passed on by our mate Shamer so I have trust in these numbers.

If I had to make a guess at what we may have now, I would say that 5m oz is not out of the q + the 2.2moz before Hemi.
    Will be nice when we get an updated resource estimate.

I know that one of the board members was quoted saying he expected 10m oz here and I remember using that quote because I was saying the same thing.
    I have no doubt they will exceed that number as they are rapidly closing in on it.
    This type of ore body leaves little waste to process so the gaps have lesser impact but there remains other factors to consider like,
    any refractory or deleterious issues, variations in grade, metallurgy, all of which are being worked through.
    Those recent high grade intersections are a very welcome addition to what is already here and let's hope that grade increases with depth.
    Let's also hope that we see more of the same as they explore the other targets of similar description as well as they original targets.
    It does make one wonder about the shear zones that may travel down through Farno and what could be at depth there.
    $125m or so will go a long way and the news flow will keep coming regularly now.
    I liked the photo of the camp recently, it looks well used and busy.
    If my memory serves me correctly, they paid $300,000 for those camps, (Happy for someone to confirm that ).
    Whatever it was, it was very cheap.
    I hope that covers it and also hope that I have not missed any posters.
    Remember to tag me as I don't get time to read all the posts these days and keep in mind, I sometimes don't get time to respond.
    Kind regards, Wack.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.32
Change
0.025(1.94%)
Mkt cap ! $2.434B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.30 $1.33 $1.29 $4.444M 3.399M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 $1.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.32 12619 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.31
  Change
0.025 ( 1.78 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.30 $1.33 $1.29 598858
Last updated 15.59pm 25/04/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.