88E 0.00% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

Better than 50% chance of success?, page-3

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Hi Db09.

Sorry bout that first one guys.

Not that I fully understand Kerogens myself, but I'll impart what I do.

Kerogens r the level of organics where HC generation starts. They will break down by a certain amount and then remain to a degree.

There r basically 3 types of Kerogen given the not unsurprising titles of I,II and III.

We apparently have the correct Kerogens required at Icewine at the correct thermal maturity.

There r tables in early presentations/annmnts that show what we have from memory Db.

Combine the organics with correct thermal maturity (caused by temperature/pressure essentially, which is caused by depth/ no accident the HRZ is at same kind of depths as EF volatiles), they break down to the level of HC required, for us that's the changeover between liquids and gases, with a goodly portion of volatile gases which change to liquids upon pressure drop (arriving at surface or ambient temp/pressure).

Because some Kerogens remain they r also important from the standpoint of RATE OF RELEASE of the hydrocarbons, espc the gaseous fraction. Essentially the gases can be bound to the Kerogen to a degree.

Now this is where a deeper understanding of the chemistry of HC's comes in. But I would hazard a guess that correct thermal maturity, shown by the type of Kerogen and HC's present (which we have been shown at Ice 1) with the potentially much better flowing lower viscosity volatile liquids (vapour phase) clearly indicates that the Kerogen binding factor should not be a major issue.

I would think this might become a problem in much tighter formations with lower permeability.

PetroWiki and a general searh will glean more detailed info Db.

Nice summary of what we have to date too btw

d.

Logic will get U from A to B, imagination will take U everywhere.
    Last edited by Generalrelativity: 14/04/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $9.521K 3.992M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
181 280011929 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 598423563 210
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.