CRK 0.00% 26.5¢ carrick gold limited

better than money in the bank, page-9

1. 1,544 Posts.
    Back in mid 2007 when I first tipped a lot of cash into the stock market I bought GRK, GDY, KAR, OZL (now), AOE, PTR, IMP, Mosaic Oil, Red Sky Energy and Aim Resources and some CRK. At the end of 2007 I sold the lot and put it into CRK on the belief that it had the goods and would do well in a crisis with the gold price going up. I did not anticipate that the share price would end up as low as 34c at one point and could not for the life of me fathom why it did except for the ups and downs with the loss of Frank.
    I asked Frank in early 2008 what was happening and he said, "Don't sell now, the share price is going to $5.00". I believed him. I think the GFC really shocked him as it did all of us and derailed his plans.
    As the share price went down relentlessly I bought more. I have stuck with CRK and have read every piece of information about the company I can get my hands on.
    Apart from forays into KAR, OZL, MAK, GDY, FML and PTR I have stuck with CRK as I do believe that the very significant deposits will be mined profitably. If I didn't believe in it I would have sold and most likely gone into KAR instead. I think CRK has a better upside potential than KAR, although KAR is second on my list.
    The only reason I post so frequently on CRK is because I follow it on a daily basis and have done for more than three years. It's my number one investment. Obviously I am out of pocket on it and so are many of my friends who also bought in.
    One thing has changed since Laurence Freedman has taken over. I sleep soundly at night. Whilst I still follow it and check it perhaps three times a day, sometimes more, I am not worried about it diving way down again. I am sitting here holding hundreds of thousands of shares which cost me more than they are valued at today by the stock market
    I have talked to Laurence a few times, not recently, and was most impressed by his knowledge of and confidence in the potential of Carrick. I am happy to back him.
    Yes you might say I am a bit obsessive about CRK but then that's my personality! I have been successful in the past in various endeavours, being elected twice to Parliament for example, running a public company etc and I do truly believe that my investment in CRK will be successful in the end. It does try my patience though.
    Incidentally Gravscan I am impressed by your level of research. I notice you hold no CRK stock so clearly you don't have the same level of confidence or interest that I have.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.