Hello all.It has been sometime since my last post and I have to...

1. 58 Posts.
    Hello all.
    It has been sometime since my last post and I have to admit that this crash has become more like water torture!
    Just thought I'd share with you my current situation.
    In my previous post in May I outlined the trouble with the Mrs re the buying decision and all the angst that goes with being a small B bear.
    After watching prices fall around 10-15% in my area over the year I thought it may be wise to get my house in order and arrange some finance if and when the time comes to buy.
    I figure if it falls another 10% then that would be 25% percent from the peak and that would be an acceptable entry point.I know that some forecasts are for larger falls but I figure that trying to pick the bottom is just as foolish as trying to catch a falling knife in the sharemarket.(read BBG,CNP,BBL et al)
    So I contact my friendly bank whom i have been a customer for 20 years with a perfect credit rating about a mortgage.
    Thinking that they would be eager to offload some of the massive deposits that our fellow countrymen have been squirreling away I was politely told that "we now only lend 60% max LVR to self employed people" even though I pay PAYG tax like everybody else.
    I contacted a couple of other banks where the story was similar where most would only offer a Low Doc loan charging a hefty premium AND mortgage insurance between 60 and 80 LVR!!....WTF!!
    Whatever happened to 105% home loans?(I need about 70%)
    My point is;if they won't lend to somebody with a 30% deposit,then how will they lend to a first home buyer and who will prop up the market?
    Mind you if houses keep falling and I can't get a loan then who wins?
    Just to top things off my landlord is getting nervous and is thinking of selling in 6 months when the lease ends.
    Crikey!...it never rains but it bloody pours!!
    I must have stepped on a Chinaman or something....pardon the pun!
    BTW I am in manufacturing also!
    Someone hand me the sleeping pills!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.