beware of this scam

1. 9,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    I spotted what looked like a very attractively priced vehicle for sale on drive.com.au. The phone number provided was invalid so I sent an email to the seller. Seller came back with the following:

The car is in best working and aesthetic conditions. I am selling the car so cheap because I am in United Kingdom with my job and I am going through a divorce. I am a VerifiedSeller so the transaction will be done through eBay. If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your full name and address, as soon as I have them I will start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. eBay will send you an Invoice with all the info you will need to complete the transaction. Also a 10 days refund policy will be included so if you will not like the car you will receive your money back. In this moment I have two more persons ready to buy the car so please let me know your final answer!

Best Regards,

Interesting to see that the scammer would pay something small to place an ad on Drive to rip unsuspecting buyers off.

Has anybody come across such a scam on car selling websites?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.