SKT 3.78% $2.47 sky network television limited.

Beware The 'Experts', page-8

1. 604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    With regards to RP, I don't think I have any special insights.

I will say this though - RP was purchased as a long term investment to broaden Sky's reach beyond NZ. Clearly, COVID has been terrible for RP and the business has lost money.

However, life goes on and COVID may well end up being just a blip on what is otherwise a successful venture in the long term.

In the markets that RP hold content in, it has been estimated that there are anywhere between 1-3 million people that would potentially pay a monthly subscription to watch top level rugby.

Once a full complement of rugby is available again (not far off) then it will be important for Sky to ramp up their RP efforts again and they will need to get their pricing right. It is a volume game at the end of the day, and the volume potentials are huge.

Remember, if they attracted 1M customers and only made a profit of $1 per month per sub that would be an additional $12M to the bottom line right there (a 30%+ increase on projected FY21).

3M customers at a $1/month per sub profit is an extra $36M to the bottom line (doubling Sky's profit).

I continue to believe that RP was a good long term investment, and though it has caused some pain right now - the potential is absolutely still there.

Can Sky maximise that potential with their skill and knowledge of the industry? I hope so, and my money says yes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.47
Change
0.090(3.78%)
Mkt cap ! $340.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.36 $2.47 $2.34 $18.00K 7.506K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2634 $2.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.47 210 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.