A2M 1.07% $6.59 the a2 milk company limited

Lordspinalot, While trying to decipher the recent disclosure...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Lordspinalot,
    While trying to decipher the recent disclosure from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia I noticed on the top of page 3 a little footnote on derivatives:

(b) Details of derivative:
    (1) Short 35,000 physical-settled call option maturing on 27 June 2018
    (2) Short 168,032 physical-settled call option maturing on 6 June 2018
    (3) Short 40,000 physical-settled call option maturing on 6 June 2018
    (4) Short 37,000 physical-settled call option maturing on 20 June 2018
    (c) Parties to the derivative: UBS

so I support your observation that UBS is shorting, in this case they come due in June.

As I am not experienced in interpreting this disclosure my assumptions should be taken with a grain of salt. Input from more experienced traders is welcome. My initial thought was that CBoA was announcing an increase their holding of A2M from 45.9M (6.33%) to 53.5M (7.34%) which I thought indicated a support position of A2M. When I dug into the details and appendices I came away with a little different interpretation and welcome all corrections.

This disclosure is about companies who have entered into either a Global or Australian Master Securities Lending Agreement for the purpose of supporting some derivative position. It looks like there was more buying than selling in May so I'm curious as to the positions those companies are taking. Citibank / Citicorp seem to be significant players in borrowing (purchasing) shares. I'm thinking (hoping) that these companies are starting to gets their ducks in a row in anticipation for the upcoming close of the FY and want to be in a position to ride the increase of SP when actual performance figures are released from A2 corporate offices.

As a personal aside, I scratch my head daily wondering why the SP is performing the way it is. I read everyone's opinions on HC and sense the "pucker-factor" to be relatively high for some folks. As a LTH I don't want to get caught up in any dueling as I am very confident that over the next couple of months SP will increase to reflect expanding sales in existing markets as well as expanding into new markets. And its looking to me like the foundations are being built for even greater growth in the future. I'm stupid enough to stick with my dart-board projection of $973M-$975M for annual group revenue.

Again, this is my own interpretation, those with more experience or better insight into this document please add corrections or further details.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.59
Change
0.070(1.07%)
Mkt cap ! $4.764B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.56 $6.67 $6.55 $10.14M 1.534M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 13624 $6.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.60 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.