AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Todays announcement has left me feeling immensely confident in...

1. 1,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Todays announcement has left me feeling immensely confident in the company's future, since my initial investment in 2014 this company has had its ups and downs but I feel now it is truely on it's way to join the big 3 as a significant lithium player.

- Current/future operating costs stated (higher than expected but will fall with time)
    - $10,000+/tonne next quarter (even with higher operating costs we have an extremely high profit margin)
    - Timeline for phase 2 stated (Doubling production at 40% less CAPEX than stage 1)

What are your fair value estimates when taking into account what the company released today ? What would the company look like @ 35,000ktpa? (Once I finish exams I will try to construct a DCF model)

In the announcement I noticed on page 6: "Olaroz production can expand in line with market growth" --- Is this referring to phase 2 expansion or can Olaroz expand further if the market demand is there?

Obviously the company should focus on one thing at a time and ensure that phase 2 expansion goes to plan however as I'm a LT holder I'm intrigued how much the company could potentially produce by say 2020 and onwards.

From the company presentation in March 2016:
    "SALAR DE CAUCHARI:
    - Immediately south of Olaroz plant, inferred resource 470Kt LCE, 1.6Mt KCL & 122Kt B
    - Potential for incremental production for Olaroz
    - Drilling of Cauchari planned for Q3 2016 with a view to define a larger resource and conduct pumping tests

SALIINAS GRANDES
    - Li-K project with excellent grades & chemistry
    - Inferred Resource 240,000t LCE, 1.0Mt KCL & 12Kt B (2)
    - Synergies with Olaroz and potential to produce a concentrated brine product in a JV with a local partner"
    (@niu if you have any comment on the potential of these resources it would be greatly appreciated)

@niu I've invested in ORE purely for its lithium production but am intrigued as to what role borax and potash credits play... Is it just a minor side business or can be they be used to reduce our costs significantly? ... I ask you because you have great technical expertise and I strongly respect your input on this forum. (any comment would be great thanks!)

Anyways sorry for the long post.. I'm just hoping to create a discussion around what the company's options are beyond phase 2 .. could we be potentially a 50,000+ ktpa producer by the end of the decade?

GLTA .. everything is looking solid!
    Last edited by RPaulson: 26/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.