QGC queensland gas company limited

Richard Cottee's comments re: BG takeover on Inside Business on...

1. 260 Posts.
    Richard Cottee's comments re: BG takeover on Inside Business on ABC

ALAN KOHLER: Isn't the greatest likelihood that, particularly if BG doesn't get Origin, that BG takes you over?

RICHARD COTTEE: Everyone thinks, ever since I've been at QGC, they think we're well and truly easily controlled, I'm not sure that history will show that we are.

ALAN KOHLER: No, I'm not suggesting to you for a moment that you're easily controlled, Richard Cottee, but in fact wouldn't it be likely that BG wants to own what you have?

RICHARD COTTEE: Well it's a question of whether we give them what they want in their commercial objectives without having to do the takeover, you'd have to say that BG has to feel fairly comfortable about having a good strong strategic alliance with a company that knows about CSG, and that must have given them some comfort in doing a hostile for Origin because they know that if there's a bleeding of expertise at least there's a fall back option. If you go and tilt at us and our talent leaves as a result, it's a different risk profile.

ALAN KOHLER: Even leaving aside the takeover situation, isn't the reality that you're joined at the hip with BG, you're really a member of the BG entourage?

RICHARD COTTEE: For the LNG project, but they're not at all attached on Sunshine or Roma petroleum and hence you're trying to create a marriage in which you still have an independent identity.

Full interview transcript here - http://www.abc.net.au/insidebusiness/content/2007/s2351180.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.