BGA 1.73% $5.12 bega cheese limited

This is an extract from 'The Oz' today:I doubt it explains the...

1. 10,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1421
    This is an extract from 'The Oz' today:

I doubt it explains the run up in BGA's SP: the likely decrease in the milk solids price per kilogram is more important, As Hunger explained above:

"Bega Group, maker of peanut butter and Vegemite, has commenced a strategic review of its peanut processing factory in Queensland.

The likely outcome is expected to be the sale of the site to slim down its manufacturing base and focus more on its brands.

Bega has hired long-term advisory firm Kidder Williams, run by banker David Williams, to advise on the sale of the Peanut Company of Australia, which is based in Kingaroy and which could raise around $20m.

Bega, which three years ago won a case against US food giant Kraft over its use of the yellow lid and yellow label for its peanut butter range believes it would be financially beneficial to divest its Kingaroy operations. It believes this will give the new owners of the factory the opportunity to supply product to Bega but grow the business to supply other food companies and therefore also generate more business for local peanut growers.

The decision to review the future of the manufacturing site is in line with Bega’s strategy of business simplification..."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BGA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.