BGA 0.89% $4.51 bega cheese limited

BGA range and possible rerating

1. 10,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1382
    I looked at the WOW (Australia's largest supermarket chain) and COL websites to see how many 'Bega' branded products each carried.

In Victoria, it appears WOW has 46 'Bega' branded products and COL 51.

I was pleasantly surprised (although there may be some cannibalisation as greater varieties are stocked).

IGA (many of which are owned/part owned by MTS, and supplied by the latter) would also have many but its website doesn't allow me to calculate numbers ranged.

It will be interesting to see if when in about mid February 2021 BGA formally takes over Lion Dairy and Drinks and sales therefore increase whether a gradual higher rerating of BGA will occur as results trickle in.

Having the Bega 'Simply Nuts brand accepted by shoppers by all accounts took time. That was a new brand, and needed to obtain shelf space and be advertised. The difference in the LD & D sale to BGA is that these brands (like Big M flavoured milk and Yoplait yoghurt) are long established.

I hope somehow, without 'crowding' labels too much that the Bega logo can appear on all of these additions to a growing stable of consumer brands.

This would help to entrench Bega in Australians' minds as 'The Great Australian Food Company', especially when one has examples of competitors such as Canada's Saputo (Mersey Valley cheese, Warrnambool Cheese and Butter and many others) receiving a lot of criticism for its controversial decision to replace 'Coon Cheese' branding with another name).

Over to the BGA marketing staff!
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 09/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BGA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.51
Change
0.040(0.89%)
Mkt cap ! $1.374B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.47 $4.51 $4.45 $1.638M 364.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1371 $4.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.51 1215 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.50
  Change
0.040 ( 0.89 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.47 $4.50 $4.45 87743
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
BGA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.