FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

I wouldn't get too carried away with the 40Mt predictions just...

1. 910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3383
    I wouldn't get too carried away with the 40Mt predictions just yet for the initial JORC. The initial JORC should exceed 20Mt, but further drilling will be required to prove additional depth extensions.

The initial exploration target was estimated to a vertical depth of 200m, which translates to >300m down dip if the mineralisation continues to dip at the same angle, even more if it flattens out at depth + this will make the strip ratio even more attractive for an open pit. The company has thus far only proven to ~150m down dip so there is scope to easily double the resource at depth in the next campaign. Plus there is still the possibility of these zones and potentially others linking up at depth.

From the limited information we have thus far, there is scope to easily achieve >60Mt, let alone what is found from the diamond drilling campaign along the strike of the Western Zone. However, we don't know how far this zone widens out to and for how long it goes so there is considerable upside there. Plus untested zones all over the immediate area as pointed out by Haplo, most notably the target highlighted by the company to the south of the western zone.

I really don't understand why an RC drill rig isn't operating right now defining strike extensions but I do know that Kevin always has a plan, so there must be more brewing than meets the eye. The fact that the DD rig is being used along the Western Strike means that Kevin is confident that the deposit will be mined so is jumping straight to DD instead of wasting money on RC which would need to be confirmed with DD anyway.

Another thing to keep in mind, is the possible reason that the grade predictions for the resource haven't been lowered, being that the quality of RC assays is poor compared to DD assays. It appears that with diamond drilling, the grade may be brought up from an average of 1.7% to 1.9% at least, with high grade zones of >2.5%.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.