SRI 6.67% 1.4¢ sipa resources limited

re: bh tip drill on abc Howdy whiteyg, I was beginning to think...

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    re: bh tip drill on abc Howdy whiteyg, I was beginning to think that jbeatty & I were the only two HotCopperites on SRI for the Broken Hill tip drill. I'm surprised I am the only punter of the 236 entires who picked SRI for the Sharescene top five stocks for 2005.

One thing Prof Ian Plimer (Professor of Geology at Melbourne University) said that stuck with me from the ABC coverage was something about the anticipation of finding another such orebody within the shadow of the current mines tower. Can't remember exactly the words (wonder if there is a transcript). I think Prof Plimer gave a value of the original Broken Hill orebody in excess of several billion. Suppose SRI do get a direct hit with this one deep hole - I'd imagine SRI's capitalisation will go from $27M to $1Bn fairly rapidly (which is $4 for SRI SP if it is a BH repeat).

If this Broken Hill tip drill catches on, people will be driving out to Broken Hill and setting up deck chairs on the rises. SRI will need security for the core being photographed as it comes out. I noticed Wednesday morning someone bought $50K of SRI on open and there were a couple of transactions for half as much through Wednesday.

I doubled both my GCR at 5.2c and SRI at 12c a few weeks back, but sold all the GCR when it rose strongly and moved it all into SRI which has not risen yet but has 75% of the BH tip drill compared to GCR's 25%. My guess of the odds are 50 to 1 with almost no downside on SRI because of their good range of targets through the year and payments from the CBH Sulphur Springs - Panorama base metals deal.

An opportunity like this potential BH repeat is very rare indeed. To have it with the bonus of a stock with little downside is just fantastic. If you have read to here you must be a true believer. I've put in an order to double up on SRI again. No one should follow me - I could very wrong and have often been very wrong in the past with stocks.

See you on the deck chairs – hope they have an ice cream van. [Watch the SRI SP get a jolt Monday morning.] Fabulous.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
-0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $3.194M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.4¢ $2.678K 191.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30177 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 196463 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.52pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.