BHP 1.20% $41.98 bhp group limited

Hi MacdogBHP is my favourite subject. we are all mad keen about...

1. cha
    5,810 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 640
    Hi Macdog
    BHP is my favourite subject. we are all mad keen about her but .... 3% down in london and over 2% down in US with everyone predicting a big crash coming up !!!!
    not a good time for leveraged buys.

if you own outright or you can trade down your purchase price if required but otherwise risk of getting caught up in the coming storm

for myself I have hedging through gold and ncm and era but their prices have just gone up

some predict dow to crash and financials to crash and drag bhp down as well

others predict divergence with money to flow into bhp from the financials

in longer term I feel that bhp has been held down all year by uncertainty caused by its rio bid. once this is resolved then i expect her to pick up.

small caps under pressure through finance problems. big players like bhp can do well with blue chip investments. the smaller players will take longer to recover and will struggle without finance.

risk for leveraged buys is that volatility is enormous which is normally the sign of a looming crash.
    I enjoy the swings and suits my trading style but not a good time to start and not for everyone.
    suggest caution. at least it is not financials where risk of downside even greater. good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.