BHP 0.60% $43.74 bhp group limited

MacdogRe; ..."Hotcopper posters,I am an inexperienced investor...

1. 47,313 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Macdog

Re; ..."Hotcopper posters,
    I am an inexperienced investor in my mid 20s that has been reading most BHP discussion threads with interest. I recently bought 800 BHP shares for $42.40 using my margin lending account.
    I dont understand alot of the technical analysis discussions that have been posted. However, I was wondering if any Hotcopper investors that are more familiar with the market than I am (and in particular BHP), could share their thoughts on where this stock will go in the next 12-24 months?
    Laymens terms would be very appreciated!
    Thanks in advance."...

I am not a financial advisor, nor do I profess to be an expert in equities. IMHO BIGRODDY's response is one to heed [perhaps $24 - $70 within a month or two years]. HC is a great forum to share information & exchange views but be wary of treating posts as advice.

Global markets atm are very volatile & the last few days global sentiment has been ugly. IMHO BHP is a great stock that quickly rebounds but if the market crashed in NY overnight it too would be affected; this may trigger a margin call against your 800 BHP shares & erode your own capital if a share sale is forced.

IMHO it might be worth considering a stop loss at $42.75 [the PSAR indicator on ProfitSource software is showing this figure as the marker for a change of trend]. In my own case I elect to apply varying stop losses, dependent on the stock & prevailing sentiment. Some reject stop losses & others set very tight ones.

Safe trading / investing & the best of fortune to you!

4YIO - NFA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$43.74
Change
0.260(0.60%)
Mkt cap ! $221.8B
Open High Low Value Volume
$43.65 $43.92 $43.56 $271.0M 6.197M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 600 $43.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$43.74 8771 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.