UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

bhp and being realistic with the info we have, page-14

1. 190 Posts.
    Emotions have certainly been running high - and more than fair enough, but this situation (as jojo and others have alluded to) remains the same as with all situations to do with share trading - things need to be looked at with a cool head and a bit of patience is needed. Hopefully we will eventually get where we want to be.

Anger at management is justified and voicing it is fair enough. For instance, from the announcement is Hogan's statement: ''It provides all UMC shareholders with a substantial premium ...''
    As the price was $2.74 at one stage, it is insensitive and arrogant to suggest $1.30 is a premium for ALL shareholders and thus, anger is understandable and justified.

I'm not confident of another bid as, in a way, the BHP offer is already another bid - in response to the CRM deal.
    I will vote no but feel it will have no effect.

The choice seems to simply hold on and hope and, if nothing happens, cop the $1.30. In the end that is what is guaranteed with hopefully some sort of additional payment from asset sales.

Not the first time it has all ended in tears.

Good luck to all of us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.