APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

Interesting assessment on the Eureka report by Charlie Aitken of...

1. 853 Posts.
    Interesting assessment on the Eureka report by Charlie Aitken of BHP's focus after dropping the RIO bid.

You'll have to sign up to read the full bit but one part of his comments was that he expected BHP now to fund projects for companies with world-class projects, these being, to quote "Tier 1, low cost, High yield, long duration projects."

Their Corridor Sands obviously fits this profile and MT's strong opinion that that wont go ahead without APG technology combined with Aitken's opinion on BHP's focus now gives me an even better warm and fuzzy feeling at the bottom of my wallet.

But wait, there's more, look at the raft of technologies Austpac is bringing together in the Syn Rutile plant to produce the lowest cost, highest purity Syn Rutile sutiable for both metal and pigment makers PLUS the Iron co-product AND the ability to process the massive deposits in the Murray Basin that Iluka now has to re-bury because it can't process them (and has to import syn rutile from India).

A plant in Australia that can do all that has to be considered Tier 1, High Yield and long duration. I don't think there's a question now on whether dumping the RIO bid by BHP was good for APG, I think it brings a spotlight onto APG. Next step is the feedback from the companies trialling the Syn Rutile and one of these has to include BHP in at least the metal area.

Cheers

Seik

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.