BHP 0.07% $42.07 bhp group limited

bhp broken china to fall bhp should hit $20 , page-47

1. 885 Posts.
    Here is an interesting excerpt from an article by Puru Saxena, tilted "Birth of a New Cyclical Bull?" in which I am in agreement.

BIG PICTURE - "Bull-markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria" - John Templeton, Founder of Templeton Funds

The coming year may go down in history as a bullish one. After the shocking asset-liquidation witnessed in 2008, the following 12 months are likely to provide above-average investment returns. Given the negative economic news and awful investor sentiment, my assessment may sound absurd but it looks as though the bear-market ended late last year and we are now in the early stages of a new cyclical bull-market. Below are some of the reasons why I believe the skies are clearing for a 4-5 year bull-market:

• Surging liquidity - central banks have pumped trillions into the banking system
    • Low-interest rates - yield on cash and cash equivalents is at a historical low
    • Declining corporate bond yields- risk appetite is returning
    • Declining Ted Spread - inter-banking lending rate has declined, a positive sign
    • Low valuations - various stock markets are trading at very attractive multiples
    • Horrendous investor sentiment - a contrary bullish indicator
    • Volatility has peaked - VIX has topped out and is falling
    • US Dollar rally has ended - bullish for the markets
    • Global stock markets are making higher lows - sign of base building
    • Huge amount of cash on the sidelines - US$8.85 trillion or 74% of US market cap

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.