BHP 0.04% $42.09 bhp group limited

Here is an interesting excerpt from an article by Puru Saxena,...

1. 885 Posts.
    Here is an interesting excerpt from an article by Puru Saxena, tilted "Birth of a New Cyclical Bull?" in which I am in agreement.

BIG PICTURE - "Bull-markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism and die on euphoria" - John Templeton, Founder of Templeton Funds

The coming year may go down in history as a bullish one. After the shocking asset-liquidation witnessed in 2008, the following 12 months are likely to provide above-average investment returns. Given the negative economic news and awful investor sentiment, my assessment may sound absurd but it looks as though the bear-market ended late last year and we are now in the early stages of a new cyclical bull-market. Below are some of the reasons why I believe the skies are clearing for a 4-5 year bull-market:

• Surging liquidity - central banks have pumped trillions into the banking system
    • Low-interest rates - yield on cash and cash equivalents is at a historical low
    • Declining corporate bond yields- risk appetite is returning
    • Declining Ted Spread - inter-banking lending rate has declined, a positive sign
    • Low valuations - various stock markets are trading at very attractive multiples
    • Horrendous investor sentiment - a contrary bullish indicator
    • Volatility has peaked - VIX has topped out and is falling
    • US Dollar rally has ended - bullish for the markets
    • Global stock markets are making higher lows - sign of base building
    • Huge amount of cash on the sidelines - US$8.85 trillion or 74% of US market cap

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.09
Change
-0.015(0.04%)
Mkt cap ! $214.6B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.29 $42.43 $42.07 $157.1M 3.714M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 516 $42.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.09 4673 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.