No I am NOT OK with them either.I have lived on stand alone...

1. 363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    No I am NOT OK with them either.
    I have lived on stand alone solar power for nearly 18 years now. I could NEVER go back to paying an electricity bill. Solar is given a bad name because big business really does not want you to have a source if power that they cannot charge you for. That is why governments have been dragging their feet.We could have had this technology and even better systems many years ago. If more people had taken up stand alone systems they would have been so much cheaper now. People just put panels on the roof and helped tge electricity companies make an even bigger profit while overcharging consumers.
    I think you will find that the people who have stand alone systems would never go back to the grid. No I dont have airconditioning or an electric oven or dishwasher. On cloudy days I may need to run the generator for an hour to top up the batteries. These batteries ( second home with stand alone solar) are over 10 year old and still going strong. But it is a small price to pay to avoid being shafted by these money hungry electricity mobs. There are even better technologies out there but they will only come to the fore when governments are sure they can make money out of them.
    I would rather live in a tent with a solar mat and a generator than pay a penny to these.....pks.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.