BHP 0.07% $42.78 bhp group limited

It seems to me that there is an argument going on here about...

1. 9,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1119
    It seems to me that there is an argument going on here about personal taste for which there is no right answer. My personal taste is that I don't really find much value in logarithmic charts. The market doesn't move in logarithms, it moves in price steps and I find that logarithmic charts distort trends as I perceive them (or maybe that is feel them). Simple charts give me a better sense of the force of movements. That probably reflects my own limitations but I also think that people over complicate charting generally. However plainly others experience things differently.

The Fool position linked seems to be about trying to reflect fundamental analysis, specifically earnings growth, in a chart. Personally, again, I don't see much point in that. Charts are primarily tracking the movement of crowds, imo opinion, in respect of fundamental analysis, charting should be used as an adjunct to assist in timing of purchases, not to evaluate fundamental aspects that are better assessed with other tools. Simplistically, why pay more for a stock you have assessed you should value than you need to if it's obvious the herd is going to give it to you cheaper?

From there it's a matter of smart disciplined decision making - the ultimate key to successful investing no matter your preferred method.

What really interests me is seeing when different approaches come together. Are we starting to see that now that we have bulls picking out floors off multi decadal charts and bears starting to talk about value?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.78
Change
0.030(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $216.9B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.92 $43.08 $42.62 $778.2M 18.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $42.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.81 119112 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.