LYC 0.91% $7.77 lynas rare earths limited

BHP Deal, page-4

1. 7,637 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    This is all good news. KAL will be much more efficient It should be remembered that Lynas has to fly in some workers at Mt Weld. Probably be same in KAL Read the comparison of cost in this article. There are some on this board that think KAL will be less expensive than Malaysia. In the beginning this plant will run at a reduced capacity to what it is capable. it was designed with enough capacity to see Lynas into the 2030s. I have no idea what its operating cost will be but I doubt lower than LAMP's well past 2025, maybe to 2030. Don't for get how long it has taken to tune Lamp to its curent state. KAL will be faster. I have only one experience in this it was the HF acid petrol cracking plant in oil city Texas. It took 4 years to build, the company had 6 years in the schedule after this for tuning and optimizing the plant. No it will not Take that long For KAL C&L but it will be a year or two not a month or two. It is also ongoing because the ore body constantly changes. After time they will know what to do as it changes without much experimentation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.